Effective professionals have the ability to directly influence the performance and success of their respective organizations. But in order to do so, they must first master an array of skills that may be unlike any they have ever used before. The Professional Skills Boot Camp is designed to provide you with just such expertise through an introduction to the competencies that they must master in order to transform themselves into high-performing servant leaders/practitioners.
The course begins with each student performing an assessment of his or her professional skills. This assessment is aimed at providing insights to the student concerning personal strengths and weaknesses, and when properly utilized, can provide a starting point for a comprehensive skills enhancement program.
The course itself is divided into a series of modules, each aimed at introducing one or more of the skills critical to professional success. The class starts with introductions to Leadership, Emotional Intelligence and Communications that set the stage for a diverse array of applied topics such as coaching, mentoring, conflict management, time management, critical thinking, facilitation, and negotiation.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for any professional who handles responsibility, leads teams, manages people or simply wants to become more effective in a professional environment. The immediately useful skills taught in the course are a great benefit to:
1. Leadership Assessment The course begins with the respected HRDQ Leader-Manager Profile for every student. This assessment, based on the works of management experts such as Bennis, Kotter, Kouzes and Posner, helps students understand both their leadership and management skills by:
2. Leadership This module helps identify your leadership style, how to tap into leadership style strengths, minimize weaknesses and work effectively with different leadership styles. Different theories of leadership are discussed, contrasted and compared.
3. Emotional Intelligence Emotional Intelligence (EQ) refers to our abilities to recognize, control and assess emotions. While research suggests that many individuals are born with many innate EQ traits, there is ample evidence that they can be learned and strengthened. We introduce EQ and its four core skills:
4. Communications This module reviews how to tap into effective communication strategies and overcome communication obstacles. Strategies and best practices of effective communication will be considered. Highlights include:
5. Coaching/Mentoring This module introduces one of the most beneficial tools for a professional to have in his or her toolkit how to develop employees. Helping others develop will center on the key differences between coaching and mentoring by reviewing:
6. Conflict Management & Dealing with Difficult People This module combines two of the most passionate topics related to working with others. The first portion of this section focuses on the good, the bad and the ugly of conflict management.
The second part emphasizes identifying the different types of difficult behavior and effective tactics for dealing with difficult behavior. 7. Time Management This module introduces essential time management skills. Using practical techniques, students learn to focus attention and energy on activities that help effectively advance their careers. Subjects include working smarter not harder, prioritizing objectives, avoiding stress or procrastination, using lists and personal deadlines, and more. 8. Facilitation & Negotiation An overview of two specialized communications issues: a discussion of the techniques of group decision-making with special emphasis on group dynamics and mastering the tools of facilitation; and the essentials of the negotiation process and the application of those elements in practice.
9. Change Management This module helps identify personal reactions to change, provides a process for dealing with change and guidance for handling emotions related to change. Additional emphasis is placed on topics such as:
Assessments and Exercises The workshop activities and exercises are designed to enhance your leadership and management skills. You will be provided the opportunity to practice skills in a safe environment and discuss discoveries with other leaders. Best practice "dos" and notorious "don'ts" will be shared by your instructor. The self-assessment helps you identify core strengths and areas of opportunity related to these core competencies:
Please Call for Details. This course description is under construction.