This five-day instructor-led class provides students with a thorough grounding in Microsoft .NET security implementation and general development security best practices. This course will prepare a student to take the Implementing Security for Applications exam (available in Microsoft Visual Basic .NET 70-330 and Microsoft Visual C# 70-340).
This course is intended for experienced, professional application developers, including those employed by software companies or working on corporate development teams.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Explain the basic concept of application security.
- Implement platform security best practices.
- Implement coding security best practices.
- Implement security using CLR and application domains.
- Implement role-based security by using the Microsoft .NET Framework.
- Implement CAS to secure applications.
- Implement cryptography in .NET.
- Improve the Security of remote applications built on the .NET Framework.
- Improve the Security of ASP.NET applications.
- Manage and configure security policies using Framework tools.
- Test application security.
- Deploy applications in a manner that minimizes security risks.