This course runs for a duration of 2 Days.
The class will run daily from 8:30 am EST to 4:30 pm EST.
Class Location: Reston - Reston, VA.
Space is limited. Enroll today.Enroll Now
In this two-day course, you’ll gain an understanding of the role of Scrum Master in a SAFe enterprise. Unlike traditional Scrum Master training that focuses on the fundamentals of team-level Scrum, the SAFe 5.0 Scrum Master course explores the role of Scrum in the context of the entire enterprise, and prepares you to successfully plan and execute the Program Increment (PI), the primary enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe organization. This includes learning the key components of scaled Agile development, how Scrum is facilitated throughout the enterprise, and how to execute iteration planning. You’ll also discover how to build high performing Agile teams by becoming a servant leader and coach, and how to coach those teams to deliver the maximum business value that is achievable through SAFe. The SSM certification signifies that you are prepared to perform the role of Scrum Master in a SAFe environment, increasing your value to teams and organizations that are implementing SAFe.
Intended for people new to the role of the Scrum Master, or people wanting to better understand the role and how it fits in a SAFe enterprise, attendees typically include:
1. Examine basic Agile development concepts
2. Explore scrum basics
3. Position an Agile Team in a SAFe Enterprise
1. Examine the responsibilities of the Scrum Master role
2. Explore the characteristics of an effective Scrum Master
3. Build high-performing teams
4. Facilitate effective team events
5. Coach the Agile Team using powerful questions
6. Collaborate with other teams
7. Resolve team conflicts
1. Prepare to experience PI Planning
2. Create and review draft PI plans
3. Finalize plans and establish business value
4. Review final plans and commit to a set of PI Objectives
5. Facilitate an effective PI Planning
1. Plan the Iteration
2. Track the Iteration progress
3. Refine the Backlog
4. Facilitate the Iteration Review
5. Facilitate relentless improvement
6. Support DevOps and Release on Demand
1. Coach the IP Iteration
2. Prepare the team for the Inspect and Adapt event
1. Becoming a Certified SAFe Scrum Master