This course runs for a duration of 3 Days.
The class will run daily from 8 AM CT to 4 PM CT.
Class Location: Raleigh - Raleigh, NC.
Space is limited. Enroll today.Enroll Now
Learn how to tie the value of SharePoint to your corporate vision.
Users that have some basic knowledge of navigating a SharePoint site will find this class the perfect class for learning and building on advanced SharePoint topics required by teams that want to get the full benefit of the powerful tools available in SharePoint. The class begins by teaching the student the first things they need to know about SharePoint. The student will learn what SharePoint is, how companies are using SharePoint, the business value of SharePoint, and a full understanding of using a SharePoint Site to realize the full scope of SharePoint tools to improve how the business communicates.
Students will walk away knowing how to use the out-of-the-box Apps in SharePoint including Lists and Libraries and the advanced features available for information classification and management. The importance of the social features for making data more findable will be explored. How search is affected by user interaction via Tagging and Following will be explained clearly to you. Students will learn how Search is used to find information. This class teaches a great deal of “What You Don’t Know That You Don’t Know”.
This SharePoint course is designed for SharePoint 2013, SharePoint 2016, SharePoint 2019, and SharePoint Online users. Labs are conducted in SharePoint 2019.
The target audience for this class includes users tasked with driving SharePoint from the day-to-day creation and management of information to driving user adoption and engagement.
Keep in mind that your organization may have coined its own roles, but these are the commonly used roles within a SharePoint ecosystem. This class is targeted to users as opposed to administrators. The Farm Administrator and SQL DBA roles are not covered in this class
1. Introduction to SharePoint
1. Web Application
2. Site Collection
3. Sites With Common Tools and Features
5. Site Components
6. Child Sites
1. Tour of a Project Site
2. Site Components
1. Definition of a Site – Why Do We Create New Sites?
2. Site Components Revisited
3. Site Templates Explained
4. Site Settings and Features
5. Creating Sites
LAB: Creating a Site Structure – Training Center Example
1. Create a Site Collection Top Level Site
2. Default Groups and Permissions
3. Settings and Features
4. Create a Child Site – SharePoint Training
5. Simple site branding: Title, Logo, Composed Looks
1. What are Lists
2. Using Lists to Manage Business Processes
3. List Architecture
4. Importance of Metadata – Never Too Much!
5. Available List Apps
6. Creating Apps Using List Templates
7. Exploring the List Toolbars
8. Working With List Data
9. Using Basic Reporting Functions: Sort and Filter
10. Working With the Tasks List App
11. Advanced List Topics
12. Working With Views
13. Class Activity: Architecting a “Class Roster”
14. Metadata Requirements
LAB: Working With Lists in the SharePoint Training Site
1. What are Libraries?
2. Using Libraries to Manage Document Information Lifecycle in the Enterprise
3. Library Architecture
4. Importance of Metadata
5. Available Library Apps
6. Creating Apps using Library Templates
7. Exploring the Library Toolbars
8. Working With Documents
9. New Document
8. New Document
9. Advanced Library Topics
10. Working With Views
11. Class Activity: Architecting a “Client Records” Library
12. Metadata Requirements
LAB: Working With Libraries in the SharePoint Training Site
1. Overview of Permissions and Security
4. Permission Levels
5. Roles-based Management
6. Where Permissions are Set
8. Using “Sharing” to Share Information
9. Access Requests
10. Best Practices
LAB: Working With Permissions and Sharing Information
1. Importance of ECM
2. Content Types
3. Managed Metadata
4. Document Sets
LAB: Working With Content Types
1. Connecting and Syncing Lists and Libraries to Outlook
2. Project Pro Integration
3. Exporting Data to Excel
4. Site Mailboxes
LAB: Connecting Lists and Libraries to Outlook
1. OOTB Workflow
2. Workflow Settings
3. Workflow Administration
4. Custom Using SharePoint Designer
LAB: Using Workflow
5. About Me
LAB: Using the Collaboration Tools
2. Web parts
3. Page Design
LAB: Designing your Team Site